Sunday, August 30, 2009

What a Week!

This week has been so busy! Ryan worked five 12 hour shifts in a row! The kids started school. The PTA had a back to school BBQ. I cleaned thousands of toys at Cole's preschool. I taught a lesson, went to two soccer games, rode the horses every day this week. I am sure there is more, I just cannot remember. Sometimes it feels like I am drowning, but then the kids do something to make me realize the sweeter things in life and that they are the reason that I stay so busy.

Hayden
Started 3rd grade! She is so excited to be in Mr. Halls class. She also started soccer. She really is an amazing athlete. She plays defender, but some how scores more points than the rest of the team. She is so beautiful and helpful. She helps me so much, especially when Dad is working!

Ryker
He was so excited to start 1st grade. He is in the Dual Language program. He is excited to learn Spanish. He is also playing soccer. He is now on an older team that travels to play games. He is the youngest on the team, but holds his own and makes his dad so proud.

Cole
Is so BOARD! He is stuck at home with me and Ledger. He starts preschool next week and can not wait. He and I have spent a lot of time with the horses and he really has a love for them and they for him. He makes me a little worried because he thinks he is so big. I forget that he is only four. He eats enough for two and weighs a few pounds less than Ryker. I do not know how I will ever feed all of these boys?

Ledger
He is acting more like Cole, which makes us all scared. He is a happy boy who copies everything that anyone does or says. It is so fun to watch him pick up on things and become such a little boy. It is also sad to say he is no longer a baby. He hates to keep his diaper on, so we are going to try and potty train him slowly. He has started to use the potty and we are all so proud! (The kids get so excited.)

The most exciting thing is that I am going to go back to school! I start in a few weeks. I will be getting my teaching certificate from Central Washington University. I don't know how long it will take but I am hoping in the next 2-3 years. Here goes nothing!