Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time Marches On

Where does time go? It seems that we just got out of school, and now we are school shopping. We will start school in two weeks. Hayden will be in 3rd grade and Ryker will be in the dual language program in 1st grade. He is so excited to start, but Hayden is already whinning about it. Cole will spend another year in preschool, he is very excited to start in September.

This year we planted a huge garden. We planted all of the regular stuff and tried a few new things like broccoli (which is really good) and sunflowers that are now over 12 feet high. I have been canning as a result of the good harvest. This year I have been making fruit leather. The kids seem to really like it. I am also starting to dry things. I am learning alot and building my food storage!

I have also opened a facebook account. I don't know what I am doing, but I have found several people that I have lost touch with through the years and that is very exciting. We have also gotten in touch with family. We are enjoying hearing and seeing what everyone is up to.

Cash and Emi are growing like crazy. We spend several hours a day out with them. Ryan is riding the horses to get them ready to try and take to the fair. I have decided to enter a few things as well. We are in charge/ helping with the Kareokee Contest and the Photograph booth at the fair. I told my mom I feel like I am Grandma Jeanne (there is no one that I would rather be like!)

As summer comes to a close, we like our lives are settling down. A year ago we moved to Othello, and now we are in so deep (Preschool Pres. PTA VP, church, soccer) that who know if we will ever get out? Until next time.